Monday 29 September 2014

Sign Day!

Monday, September 29th was Sign Day in Hamilton. This is the first day of the campaign where it is officially legal for candidates to display lawn signs beyond those around their campaign offices. You'll recall that I have this sign out in front of my house but that I have pledged to not do any other lawn signs.

Afternoon light
I knew from Twitter that Ward 1 erupted in new lawn signs over night so I was really curious what I'd see in Dundas. I had to run down to the library this morning and post a new sign in Memorial Square so I took a bit of an extended walk to see what I could see.

Bargains galore!
I toured around down by Town Hall and walked out to the Canadian Tire. Nothing! I even checked out Brad Clark's mayoral office. Again, not a lawn sign in sight! I was kind of surprised. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this develops.

Not a sign of a sign
Now for a bit of housekeeping. The schedule for the Cable 14 televised debates was published in the Star News last week. Be sure to tune in! 

So many chances to watch us on TV!
We also got our voter card in the mail this morning. Please note the advance poll dates, times and locations. To make sure your name is on the voter's list, you can check at the City of Hamilton website here: http://www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartments/CorporateServices/Clerks/MunicipalElection/. You can also find out about your polling location there too along with a lot of other useful election information.

I love getting these!






No comments:

Post a Comment