Monday 8 September 2014

The Start of Our School Year

One of the first questions you're supposed to ask yourself when you decide to run for public office (right up there with classics such as "Why am I running?" and "Am in good enough health to run?") is "Do I have my family's support?"

Without a doubt, my wife is my greatest supporter. She's always there to listen and keep me on track. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Running a campaign is a major time commitment and running one while you have a young son is tricky. Through it all, Kim has been a rock - taking great care of our boy and not complaining at all about being an election widow. For this, I can't thank her enough.

You may recall that in addition to being the best wife and Mom anyone could hope for, she's also a busy Professor at McMaster. With the new school year starting, this means night classes so things are about to get even more hectic around here.

Tonight is my first night alone with the boy since last September and while I'm really looking forward to it, he can be a real handful to get to bed without his Mommy!

Let's see how things go. I'm off to pre-school. Wish me luck!

-Four hours later-

Success! All tucked in and fast asleep.

He actually surprised me on leaving pre-school. Instead of coming straight home, he made a quick right and we were off to the Driving Park. It was a beautiful day and I'm not sure who had more fun, me or him!




No comments:

Post a Comment