Sunday 5 October 2014

My Boy Turns 3

I'm not sure I've ever mentioned it so here we go. My wife was in labour for over 50 hours with our son. We had probably the best possible room at St. Joe's and still we had to make our way over to the OR. It was, bar none, the most emotional time of my life. I will never forget the moment when the nurses put him in my arms. That instant, just past midnight, changed me forever.

Theo is the light of my life and everything I do, including this, I do for him.

As I mentioned yesterday, his actual birthday is on the 13th but we have a lot of connections all over the place so the least we could do was host something local... ish.

I've previously described Joyride 150 and it is ideal for us as a venue. Kids love this place and you owe it to them to make at least one trip there over the winter. A veritable who's who of the GTHA guys-with-kids showed up. Check out the riding!

It's on.
Of course, we eventually retired to the party zone to dig into a huge pepperoni pizza.

I ate "approximately" 14 pieces of pizza.
For me, this picture says it all. Our friend Callum is like Theo's big brother and you can see it all here. 

Look at that admiration!
We rounded out the day with a trip to the Ontario Science Centre. As usual, it was phenomenal.

Science can also be a sculpture
The day ended with us all piling around the TV watching the Japanese Grand Prix and eating a delicious home-made mac-&-cheese. What a great 3rd birthday party!



No comments:

Post a Comment