Friday 3 October 2014

Video Hits

As I mentioned yesterday, I scripted and shot a new campaign video. This is my first ever attempt at making anything like this or even posting something to YouTube. Luckily, I'm pretty handy with a computer.

It took about twenty takes to get everything the way I wanted it. I did a quick "daily" of this take and packed up the camera and tripod, satisfied it was good to go. Not so fast!

Back home, I loaded the raw .mov file to YouTube and thought the sound level was a little on the low side. Hmm. What to do?

Off to zamzar.com to convert the file to .mp4 (my Chromebook and Quicktime files don't play well with one another).

I went to wevideo.com to adjust the picture and mute the sound.

I went to twistedwave.com to load the .mp4 so I could normalize it, adjust the gain and export the sound as an .mp3.

Back to wevideo.com to drop the sound file in as an audio track.

The whole thing was rendered and exported to a totally new .mp4, uploaded to YouTube and there you have it!

Easy peasy! Did I mention I was details-oriented?


No comments:

Post a Comment