Thursday 24 July 2014

A Challenger Emerges

I got home from another long day of canvassing (nailed the area south of King up to Spencer Creek - gosh there are a lot of houses in town!), and unrolled my copy of the Dundas Star News to learn that yet another candidate is about to enter the race.

Mark Coull is a retired high school teacher and seems like a nice guy. He intends to officially enter the race in August and I wish him well. While I still want to win, I appreciate it when people engage in the process. It's a big leap for anyone to take.

Looking back on it now, I really think I made the right choice entering the race when I did. I'm really having a great time doing this and meeting lots of really great people along the way. Plus I don't think I could sit still knowing I couldn't start campaigning for a month!

With it now being a (likely) five-way race, it should prove to be very interesting and I'm really looking forward to the all-candidates debate.

I capped off a rewarding day with a relaxing visit to the Dundas Farmer's Market. We got basil, yellow beets, cherries, plums, eggs, cheese and corn - a real bounty. I love summer!

The parking lot of plenty

No comments:

Post a Comment