Monday 11 August 2014

Cactus Prep Fest

A huge shipment of stuff was waiting for me on the front porch when I got home from canvassing last Friday. It was like Xmas in August (speaking of which, they're filming that Xmas parade movie in Dundas so things look a little otherworldly downtown right now)!

Is that snow and Xmas decorations? Yep!
This morning, I started unpacking all the boxes and seeing how it all went together.

Wowee!
Pretty sharp, right? In addition to the tent and the banner, I'll have a table for stacks of postcards and a map there I can use to talk about any location-specific topics that come up when people visit the booth.

I'll also have an easel with a craft paper pad that I'm calling the "Big Idea Wall". With luck, I'll convince people to post their ideas there on brightly coloured sticky notes. It should be a lot of fun and great way to get people talking about what matters most to them.

I still need some cinder blocks or something for the legs to keep the tent from flying away should we see any stiff winds. I've seen what can happen when a tent like this takes off into the air - it isn't pretty.

I'm getting really excited for the start of Cactus Fest! Handing out balloons and stickers is a great way to spend a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment