Friday 8 August 2014

More Friday Photo Dump

One thing nobody warned me about when I first thought about campaigning was how little sleep I would get. I don't mean to say that I'm working such long hours that I'm staying up late (although there is some truth to that). What I'm saying is that I'm learning so much everyday by canvassing and talking to people that my mind is absolutely buzzing by the time I crawl into bed.

Fridays have been great to download some of all the great stuff I've seen. Here's a bit of background on some of the things I've tweeted this week.

So good!
Thursday night is market night! We picked up some sausage, eggs, raspberries, peaches, fava beans and, of course, two bottles of wine from Flat Rock Cellars. I love the market so much!

Targa!
After the market, we ate a quick dinner and zipped on over to Oakville Porsche. I'd very kindly been invited to an evening hosted by the founders of Targa Newfoundland, one of the coolest motoring events on the planet. 

I learned it was the brainchild of two friends who hatched the idea on their trip home from doing the Targa Tasmania just over twelve years ago. They envisioned a similar event taking place on the Rock and within a year and a half, it was a reality - the power of an idea.

The presentation itself was mesmerizing and the kicker was that there was a draw at the end for a free entry into this year's event (worth more than $6,000). Sadly, I didn't win but I did have a fantastic time.

Wowee!
Finally, I have to express my deep admiration for this garden on Dundana. Seven Trillium awards in a row! Holy cow! Speaking as a fellow gardener, the property was impeccably maintained and totally gorgeous. To learn more about the significance of this award, check out this link: http://www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartments/PublicWorks/Parks/Horticulture/Trillium+Awards+Program.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment