Friday 1 August 2014

Friday Photo Dump

A lot of the blogs I follow have a tradition of keeping Fridays fairly light, which is often a welcome relief from what can be a pretty heavy week. If you've been following the news, the week we've just had has been among the heaviest in recent memory... and all this as we recognize, once again, the anniversary of the start of the Great War. Let's hope that we remember the lessons history is desperately trying to teach us.

Without further ado, allow me to dump upon you a few of the photos I've shared on Twitter this week. They are a sort of essay on the spirit of Dundas and they are awesome. Enjoy!

When I first posted this photo, I captioned it with "History walks with you everywhere you go in Dundas." Kim and I have a long history of going on what we call "long walks" where we wander and explore areas all around us for hours until our feet ache. Canvassing is a lot like that.

Respect
Canvassing is hot, demanding work but it is a necessary part of running a successful municipal campaign. Even when people aren't home, my day can be brightened by something as simple as a few strokes of sidewalk chalk. This race track is about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

So cool!
I've mentioned in an earlier post that many Dundas homes feature "No Soliciting" and "No Flyers" signs. I fully expected this sign to express a similar sentiment. Much to my delight, it was actually a call to persevere and seize the day. A sincere thanks to this home owner.

Carpe Diem!
 A town is a collection of small things that make it home. This tiny library on York Road made me smile. It is a completely selfless endeavour. I love it.

Take a book, leave a book
 Near heat exhaustion late this afternoon, I found this house in the Highland neighbourhood. I laughed and laughed. Again, a sincere thanks to the artist. You made my day!

Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment