Friday 22 August 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge!

Late last night, the gentleman that runs the Dundas Facebook page nominated me for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I rarely back down from a challenge so my immediate response was "I'm in!"

As with most things, I planned how things would go. I said "Come on over to my place around noon." That meant I had all morning to get good and over-heated canvassing the Pleasant Valley neighbourhood.

I bought a big bag of ice at the gas station and made my way back home. As if on cue, my videographer rang the door bell. 

You can see the results right here: https://www.facebook.com/dundasontario1847/videos.

I'm quite pleased with the results and of course, it's for two very worthy causes: the ALS Society of Canada and Ride Away Stigma, which is in support of mental health awareness and suicide prevention.

We rounded out the day with a special family dinner at Quatrefoil, just a short trip from our front door. We were celebrating the 47th anniversary of Russ and Sylvia, my in-laws. If there is an archetype for how a marriage it should look after that many years, they are it. The food was beautiful and delicious.

Seared albacore tune
That was a fitting end to another full week. I spent a ton of time out in the far east part of town. The easternmost section of Ward 13 is bounded by Highway 6. They are a feisty but lovely bunch of people. 

Anyhow, here's how the canvassing map looks at the end of the day today:

Not much further now
Finally, here are a few pictures I tweeted this week that haven't made it to the blog yet. I'm having so much fun canvassing and these are just a few of the highlights:

I really like this

Canvassing bunny!

Seriously, in August?

EPIC tree house is almost done




No comments:

Post a Comment